Tuesday, November 3, 2009

National Novel Writing Month 2009


It has begun! NaNoWriMo. I am committed to write 50,000 words in a month. This madness started last Sunday, on November 1, and I have already written 5020 words on my novel about Sam and Stella.
Here is my synopsis:
Sam is forty-two years old. His parents just died. While going through their belongings he opens a shoe box and finds a picture inside of a pregnant young woman. Her eyes and smile gives him goose pumps. He sees himself.There is a letter in the box. It has his birth date at the top. A short poem is written on a hospital stationary. At the bottom, it's signed with a name. Stella Walker
Here is an excerpt from Nov. 2:
She [Stella] picked up the letter and felt the texture. It was thin. There could only be one sheet of paper inside. Nothing on the outside reveled why it was sent. Not even a return address. So why did her hands shake? And why did she feel as if she needed to sit down?

2 comments:

  1. Is your novel available to read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! It's sitting in my computer -a very rough draft.

    Though, I am planning to post little snippets, weekly portions, from another novel in my computer called Trucker.

    ReplyDelete